Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Sacred Place

sacred

Sacred Cafe has got to be one of my favorite cafes here in London. The place is really cozy and it has a basement seating area which feels like a lounge rather than your typical cafe. Best of all the coffee is actually good! I found out today that use New Zealand organic fair-trade coffee roast. They also prepare the kind of coffee I enjoy -- a cortado.


A cortado is an espresso "cut" (from the Spanish and Portuguese cortar) with a small amount of warm milk to reduce the acidity. The ratio of milk is 1:1, and the milk is added after the espresso. The steamed milk hasn't much foam, but many baristas make some micro foam to make latte art. It is popular in both Spain and Portugal, as well as throughout Latin America, where it is drunk in the afternoon.

~wikipedia



I found it cute that instead of giving you a number stub for your order, your number is on a red London bus. I once had their Tiramisu and it was quite good. They also have a huge array of teas and it comes in different kinds of oriental tea pots. Girls and our tea parties :)


The one thing I love about this place as well, (apart from all the great memories created here with some special friends), is that they always play my kind of music. There are times when they play Latin Jazzy type and today they played music from Hot Chip. I didn't know that this is what they were called. I had heard their song Over and Over which I liked but never knew who it was by. The album is really good and would recommend it.<


Excuse me sir

I'm lost

I'm looking for a place

Where I can get lost

I'm looking for a home

For my malfunctioning being

I'm looking for the mechanical music museum

~Hot Chip - The Warning



And lastly, another plus point about this cafe is that they have free wi-fi connection. They couldn't have found a better way of giving Starbucks "the victory sign". ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment