Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weekend Food Feast

Waaaazzzzaaaaaap! Im back from the living dead, and from the sound of my greeting it seems like I have been away since the early millenium! :P Back from the week old job which was a great but tiring experience. And as always, I found a way to celebrate the end of work, the sweet taste of Friday and of course my mom's birthday.




I went to my ever reliable source for Korean goodies at Centre Point Food Store located @ Tottenham Court road. I got some Bulgogi, which is a traditional Korean dish. It's strips of beef, marinated in their own special ingredient (No, not Mang Tomas or bloody HP sauce! LOL!) ready to fry with some sauteed onion. Yum! The thought of it makes my mouth water all over again! Of course, what would a Korean meal be without my Dad's all time favorite, Kimchee. But unlike him, don't think it's a dish. It is extremely spice but oh so yummy. Last thing I got which I was quite surprised to find there was Seasoned Dried Anchovy - in Tagalog, Dilis! I was extremely happy to find this ready to eat because back in Manila you usually have to fry the damn thing and it makes your whole house smell like it. If you ever do try this combination at home make sure you have some beer along with it and some Haagen Daz Strawberry Cheescake ice cream for dessert to complete the experience. Don't ask me how I know ;P hahaha! -- Busted! Anyhoo, like all that talk of food wasn't enough... as promised I would show the fruits of our labour when we made Tiramisu last weekend. It was a complete success with minor adjustments for next time. I present - Il Tiramisu *bow*


Tiramisu - molto squisito!!

Behind the scenes:

(just so you know I didn't pop out to Waitrose and plate it :P)




L-R: Mascarpone cheese, Pavesini, Cream mixture, Dipping in Espresso, Layering

No comments:

Post a Comment