Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Camisa & Son



i Camisa & son @ Old Compton Street


I have been meaning to make my friend's Tiramisu recipe for sometime now, but never got around to it. I finally got to dig out the recipe Mo gave me and review it with him. He specifically gave orders for me to use a certain type of biscuit, which can only be bought at an Italian speciality shop. Being me, I said "ahhh I can get it at Waitrose" haha nope didn't find it. Also perhaps the name he gave me was wrong! hahaha! Pavesini instead of Provesone. So I went to this quaint little shop which he suggested. The first thing that melted my heart was the bicycle at the entrance. You walk in and all you see is different types of pastas, hams cheeses and biscuits. Im sure there were more, but my eyes could only take in so much. I looked around and couldn't find those "Provesone" biscuits. So asked the lady over the counter if they had them. And she and this other man said "Provesone? Are you sure?" and I said "it's for tiramisu?" "Ahh Pavesini no provesone! This is what you use for Tiramisu". Hahaha! They were really nice and friendly, and I managed to purchase 2 packs of Pavesini.




Provesone


I was hoping to make the Tiramisu on tomorrow night, in time for the weekend. BUT!! Other things have come up -- A JOB! Ringrazi il dio!! (thank god!) haha! Only for 2 days though. But it's better than nothing. So it's tomorrow and Friday. No sushi Friday :~( hahaha! So I will have to postpone Tiramisu making for this weekend. ;)

Off to Pilates... Ciao Amici!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment