

There were predictions of snow in London. But after 3 years of living here, promises of snow, promises of sunshine. You start to think, "yeah whatever". This morning however was a pleasant surprise. I woke to my sister telling me to look out the window. It was like a winter wonderland. I didn't think I would get to see snow one last time before leaving England. As always, I was like a little girl in the candy store. I love seeing snow and being around it. It feels so crisp and romantic. It can make any place that normally looks like some piss-pot place look beautiful. I walked towards the station, taking a few snaps, hearing the crunch of snow under my shoes. Ahhh, lovely. Until reality kicks in. As always, with a little change in weather, the transport system goes in to a choatic shock during rush hour.
It was nice to know that even residence of this country, still love and enjoy a bit of snow. The people I got to speak to in Canary Wharf were telling me how lovely it was to wake up to snow. I got an email from a friend decribing how beautiful it was to see the trees lined with snow. Ironically enough, I had taken just that particular picture earlier in the morning. I'm crossing my fingers that it snows again tonight.
On another note, I was able to finally see one of Almodovar's most talked about film -- Habla Com Ella (Talk to Her). This is the second Almodovar film I have seen so far, the first one being Volver. Both were good, but both were -- as the Spanish say rara, weird. Weird in a good way. His films are interesting with different levels, but it can tend to be rather (what's the word...) -- perverse. Dispite that, I still think it is quite good and a breath of fresh air, compared to the normal hollywood rubbish being produced.
Come on snow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment