
Oh it has been a busy (alcohol induced) weekend. With lots of meeting of friends and Xmas preparations, it has been a busy week. Last Sunday, I met my friend Julianna for a post birthday celebration. We met in Camden as I have never been there before. It was quite an unusual place (for London) and it reminded it much of the Greenhills in Manila. The stuff there were nice to look at, but not necessary nice to own. I saw a few pieces of clothing that I would like to get, but then I found it outrageous to pay those prices in a market when it is the same price I would pay for Zara or Mango. But then Juls reminded me that it was after all, vintage.
After seeing Camden Market, we decided it was time to sit and grab some grub. We both agreed that Bar Gansa seemed quite interesting and she wanted me to practice my Spanish. hehe! And indeed I did. I was able to order our meal in Spanish and ask for the bill as well.
I must say, as we sat there for a few hours enjoying our Sangria's, Tapas and Paella, the place really grew on me. The staff I thought was fantastic. They were so friendly and made our dinner experience great. The one thing I love about dinning in London is that if you dine let's say, in an Italian restaurant, you will have Italian people serving you and the guests too are Italian. Same goes with Chinese, Indian and Spanish. That is one thing I surely will miss. I loved being able to speak to the people in Spanish and make me feel for those hours, I was in Spain. The food in Bar Ganza was really good as well. I kind of prefer this restaurant now than La Tasca, as it is independent and not commercialized. If in Camden, check out this place in Inverness Street. It is even worth making the trip to go check out this place.
As if I hadn't had enough alcohol, after dinner we decided to head towards west end and find a place to keep up the Latin spirit. But as it was Sunday, everything was closed. So we ended up and some pubs. haha!
It was a very good, if tiresome weekend.
six more days ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment