Sunday, May 10, 2009

Highlight of Mum's Visit Pt.2

Previously on Travelling Mon...

Not really!

SINGAPORE - Day five was more of an errand/shopping day. However, I managed to make mum try one of Singapore's signature dish, Laksa. I had tried Laksa in several places, but it never really tasted right. I could see the potential of how it could taste amazing, but for me it always lacked that rich coconut flavour. When I was living in Marine Parade, behind my apartment was the famous Katong Laksa, but even that was not as good as the one an Uncle of mine recommended. It's in the food court of the Peninsula Shopping Centre in City Hall.



Laksa @ Peninsula Shopping Centre


I had to work most of the remaining days, but we managed to squeeze in a visit to the Esplande (also known as The Durian), Merlion and dinner at Forlino's. Unfortunately, the food in Forlino's was not as amazing as it had been on my birthday. I later found out that they had changed their chef, which was such a shame really.



The Merlion and the unfinished IR Marina Bay Sands (behind)


Sadly, mum's visit had to end. However, the night before she left, I made sure she tried Singapore's infamous Hainanese Chicken Rice at Chatter Box, Mandarin Hotel. Everyone swears by the Chicken Rice in Chatter Box, but I didn't really impress me. The view on the other hand was amazing!



Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Chatter Box



No comments:

Post a Comment