Friday, September 26, 2008

Free Art Friday

ART

I was riding the bus home at noon and decided to hop off for a bit and check out the SAM. Fortunate for me, all exhibits are free from 12 noon to 2 in the afternoon. I had seen most of the exhibit in my last visit to the SAM in June. However, there was one particular exhibit that I thought was quite interesting. It was by a Balinese artist, Masriadi. At only 34 he has accomplish quite a collection of contemporary art works. In my opinion, a few of his works were reminiscent of the oeuvre of Dali and Picasso. The painstaking attention to detail of his work is simply incredible.


8Q

His works are currently being housed at the SAM 8Q Building. Not quite as special as the main Singapore Art Museum, but still has its own charm. However, imagine my surprise when I walked in the lobby of 8Q and the first thing I see is this...


Jeepney @ 8Q

I must check out Biennale next.


vvvrrroooommmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment