



I stumbled on a place that may as well put an end to my endless search for decent bread in this country! This French boulangerie is called Lartizan. Whilst having dinner at Mickey's Delicatessen, we were served a bread basket (which by the way, we had to pay for) that had an assortment of which seemed to me as, proper breads. I had been let down the last few times, yes, even from The Pen bakery. As I reached for a piece, I was given a ray of hope when the I felt it's hard crust and moist center. It isn't Borough Market quality, but damn well close enough.
We found out that right next door to the restaurant was the French boulangerie and they bake their own breads and pastries right in their shop. I was rather impressed with the selection, but even more so that they had samples with their respective names (see 3rd photo), making it easier to choose from. Smart! After oohing, ahhing and drooling, I finally made a choice which seemed the closest to Poilâne. Hopefully, it will taste as lovely as how it's wrapped.
No comments:
Post a Comment