Every country seems to have different ways of celebrating Easter. In the Phils, I remember it being THE most boring time of the year. Everything on TV would be about the passion of Christ or the TV stations would be off the air. It would always be the hottest time of the year. So days would be spent cooped up in the air-con room or in the rare occasion, the neighbors pool. But even so, it was a no no to swim during easter. Never got that when I'M NOT CATHOLIC!
Anyway in London, it seems to be the time people go away on long weekend get away to somewhere in Europe. That or a long ass D.I.Y weekend. Most of the adverts advertising specials for that D.I.Y weekend. In other countries, I suppose they would spend Easter painting Easter eggs.
In Croatia, they spend Easter painting something other than Easter eggs. Haha! In my visit to Zagreb last October, my brother's girlfriend Iva had pointed out this naked guy who had his balls painted. Hahaha! She explained to me that every Easter they would paint it a different colour. On the phone with my brother yesterday (who is in Croatia), and I reminded him of this tradition that is done over there.

To Manila, Zagreb, and Stockholm Happy Easter from the crazy woman in London :P
No comments:
Post a Comment